We’d like to wish all our visitors and exhibitors who are celebrating today a very happy Diwali!
Once Diwali has passed, we tend to think that we’re ‘officially’ in the winter weddings season. It seems like most of the UK begins to sparkle about now, with so many faiths and cultures celebrating light. We know that our Asian weddings love a bit (ok, that’s probably an understatement!) of sparkle, now’s the time to either really embrace it with a winter wedding or to stock up on beautiful lights ready for a wedding in 2018.
Here are 7 tips from the AWE18 team for a wonderful Asian winter wedding:
- Choose a venue that can offer you an amazing backdrop for photos if it’s clear and cold but also has plenty of space for your guests if you have to stay inside
- Roaring log fires can add warmth and colour to a wedding reception – your wedding photos next to a traditional English style fireplace can add a hint of quintessential Englishness to your photographs
- We know reds and golds look amazing all year round so how about adding some emerald, sapphire or amethyst colours to your colour scheme to make it even richer?
- Stay warm! No one will know that the bride has leggings on under her sari and there’s nothing worse than looking cold in your photos! How about finding a jacket or shawl that perfectly compliments your outfit just in case?
- Make sure your guests know the dress code – you want them to remember the wonderful time they had at your wedding, not that they were cold.
- Create a warming menu for your guests including plenty of comfort food – with a few extra chillies on the side for those who need the extra warmth! Having a chai hot chocolate bar or serving mulled wine can make your event extra special.
- Fireworks at winter weddings look amazing against the dark winter night skies but make sure your guests are warm when they’re watching
And don’t forget you can now book your tickets to the Asian Wedding Experience 2018 – we’re looking forward to seeing you on February 18th!